Rhinoplasty: Nose Surgery Florham Park, NJ
Do you often think that if your nose was slightly altered, your overall beauty would be greatly enhanced? The nose is one of the most prominent features of the face, which is why it can tend to define one’s facial beauty. If you are interested in achieving a nose that fits more harmoniously with your other facial features, Dr. Joseph Fodero performs rhinoplasty surgery at his Florham Park, New Jersey practice. No matter what your desired outcome is, Dr. Fodero has performed surgery on all types of noses, and will give you the look that best suits you. We understand that no two noses are the same, we take the time to evaluate your facial structure and recommend the best approach to meeting your needs. Watch our rhinoplasty videos, see our rhinoplasty gallery, and read Dr. Fodero’s rhinoplasty articles.
Being the central feature of the face, the nose has a prominent effect on its overall symmetry, and symmetry is one of the main factors our brain uses to subconsciously measure attractiveness. Just as there are many types of noses, there are almost as many approaches to rhinoplasty. Adjustments to size, shape, and angle – these are just some of the changes people often wish they could make to their noses. Dr. Fodero can make your nose larger, smaller, straighter, or smoother; he can improve the bridge, tip, or nostrils. When it comes to the nose, Dr. Fodero is a skilled artisan. Read on to learn about some of the specific rhinoplasty procedures Dr. Fodero performs at his Florham Park, New Jersey cosmetic surgery office.
Rhinoplasty Procedure Overview
Dr. Fodero first conducts an initial consultation, during which time he will inquire regarding your medical history, including any existing conditions you have or medications you are currently taking. He will also want to discuss your aesthetic goals. It is always recommended that you come prepared with photos of noses that you like, to give Dr. Fodero a clear picture of what you want to achieve. Next, Dr. Fodero will map out the best course of action with which to move forward. The procedure is then performed as follows:
- The patient is given general anesthesia so he or she will sleep comfortably during the surgery.
- An incision is made either on the inside of the nose (closed rhinoplasty) or on both the inside and along the strip of skin that separates the nostrils (open rhinoplasty).
- The bone and cartilage are reshaped and the skin is re-draped accordingly.
- Any excess skin is removed.
- Incisions are closed using sutures.
Dr. Fodero will provide detailed aftercare instructions, which include keeping the head elevated and applying cold packs to minimize swelling. It is critical for a safe and quick recovery that patients follow the doctor’s orders.
Risks or Side Effects of Rhinoplasty
As with all surgeries, some risks are associated with cosmetic nose surgery, including bleeding or infection. With a board-certified, accomplished plastic surgeon like Dr. Fodero, the chances of potential complications are minimal. Patients generally experience some swelling, bruising, or pain immediately following the surgery. However, symptoms should subside after several days and any discomfort can be alleviated with prescription pain medication.
Candidates for Rhinoplasty
The best way to learn whether you are a candidate for a nose job is to meet with Dr. Fodero for a consultation. Ideal rhinoplasty candidates include men or women who:
- Wish to correct the size, shape, or appearance of the nose
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are physically and mentally healthy
- Have realistic expectations of what the procedure will accomplish
- Can dedicate time to proper recovery
- Make the decision for themselves and are not under the influence of others
- Have experienced facial trauma and require nose reconstruction
- Have had a nose job before and want to undergo secondary (revision) rhinoplasty
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
The number one benefit of rhinoplasty surgery is improving one’s physical appearance. Additional benefits include:
- Procedure is safe and effective
- Enhances confidence and boosts self-esteem
- Balances facial structure
- Improves breathing difficulty
- Natural-looking results – look like yourself, only better
- Dr. Fodero has experience and skill carrying out procedure
- Results are tailored specifically to each patient – no two noses are the same
Learn More about Rhinoplasty
If you are ready to feel good about your appearance, Dr. Fodero is ready to help. A simple nose job can have a considerable impact on your beauty. To learn more about rhinoplasty, contact our Florham Park plastic surgery center today.