New Year, New You: Now’s the Perfect Time for Plastic Surgery
Another new year is quickly approaching. For many of us, that means fresh starts, firm resolutions, and new appearances. If you’ve been thinking about having plastic surgery, then getting it done around the New Year makes perfect sense. You end the old year one way and you emerge in the New Year looking great and feeling confident.
Plus, there are actually several practical reasons why having plastic surgery around the New Year is a good idea.
- You Can Better Manage Costs: If you have a high-deductible healthcare plan, then it’s most beneficial for you to schedule your procedure at the end of the year when you’ve likely met most or all of your deductible. That way, you’ll minimize the out-of-pocket expense. Just keep in mind that cosmetic procedures aren’t usually covered by insurance unless there’s a medical reason connected to it. For example, if the excess skin around your eyes causes vision problems, then insurance may cover an eyelid lift. Other covered procedures may include breast reduction surgery, gastric bypass, and nose surgery to correct a deviated septum.
- You Can Wear a Winter Wardrobe. Some plastic surgery procedures may result in some amount of scarring or bruising, which can be prominent the weeks following surgery, but will fade over time. If you’re feeling self-conscious about that, then winter clothing is ideal. Any evidence of surgery can be more easily covered up with cozy sweaters, chunky scarves, big hats, and toasty earmuffs.
- You Can Miss Work. You will definitely need to allow yourself at least a week or two of recovery time after most procedures, if not longer. It may be easier for you to take time off from work in the winter because of holiday breaks and the seasonal slow-down that’s typical in many industries. Plus, if you’re like most, then you get a fresh batch of paid sick days or vacation days come January 1 that you can take advantage of.
- You Can Hibernate. Many of us typically become homebodies in the winter months. There’s something about the dark cold days of January that makes us long for lazy afternoons on the couch with a blanket and a book. If you have your plastic surgery procedure around the New Year, then you can take advantage of all that downtime you’ve got planned anyway. Catch up on your reading, binge some buzzworthy TV, and take naps without guilt. The more rest you get, the better your recovery will be. It’s much harder to stay indoors during the spring and summer months when the beach, the park, and backyard barbeques are calling.
- You Can be Ready for Summer. If you’re having body work such as liposuction or a tummy tuck, then having the procedure around the New Year is ideal. By the time the weather gets warm your body will have completely healed and any scarring will have faded. So you can enjoy new swimsuits and summer clothes as you sit poolside or at the beach.
- You Can Stick to This Resolution. Let’s face it. No matter how good our intentions, sticking to resolutions is hard. Deciding to have plastic surgery is a resolution you can stick to because it’s a short-term commitment with long-term results. Plus, you’ll have a board-certified plastic surgeon like Fodero by your side guiding you through the process.
There’s no better way to start the New Year than by having the plastic surgery procedure you’ve always wanted. Contact Northeastern Plastic Surgery today to schedule your consultation.
Northeastern Plastic Surgery understands your desire for a beautiful, youthful looking body and facial appearance. We use the latest plastic surgery techniques to perform a variety of surgical procedures. Dr. Fodero and the staff are very friendly, helpful, and available to answer any questions you may have about the procedures we offer. We strive to ensure that your experience with us is positive. Please contact us today to learn more about the services we offer.