How Men Can Benefit From Male Fillers
When it comes to non-surgical cosmetic procedures for the face, fillers and injectables top the list. While filler injections are extremely popular among women, men are also recognizing the benefits of these fast, no-downtime treatments. In fact, there’s been a 20% increase in the number of men getting plastic surgery in the past 2 decades, with most of them opting for male fillers.
What are Fillers?
Fillers like Sculptura are injections that are designed to restore volume in the places you need it the most. Rather than smoothing away wrinkles, like an injectable such as Botox, facial filers add volume to those parts of the face that may have lost structure due to aging. For example, fillers can help fill out hollow cheeks, minimize the deep grooves around the nose, and plump up sagging jowls.
How Can Fillers Enhance a Man’s Appearance?
Like women, men can experience unwanted signs of aging and sagging skin throughout the face. Under eye bags, hollowness in the midface, and sagging jowls can make men look more tired and older than they really are. Facial fillers can address these issues and help men gain a more rested and youthful appearance. In many cases, men have more substantial evidence of facial aging than women, which makes the results of dermal fillers even more dramatic.
Injectable treatments are great for targeting very specific areas of the face as well. A skilled plastic surgeon can use male fillers to add definition to a man’s chin, create a stronger jawline, and augment his brow line. These improvements can help men to achieve a more youthful and masculine look overall. Many men also experience a boost in self-esteem and confidence after they’ve had the treatment.
What Are the Other Benefits of Male Fillers?
There are several benefits to injectable filler treatments that make them so appealing to men such as:
- Reduced recovery time: Injectable filler treatments require no recovery time and you can usually return to work and regular activities the very next day. This makes it very appealing to male patients who may be unable to take much time away from work or family obligations.
- Few side effects: The side effects associated with injectable treatments typically include swelling, tenderness, and mild bruising around the injection site. These subside within 24 to 48 hours and it’s perfectly safe to take an over-the-counter pain reliever to alleviate any discomfort.
- No scarring: No incisions are made, so there are no scars to worry about.
- Convenience: Male filler treatments are same-day, outpatient procedures that take about 30 to 40 minutes. You can show up, have your treatment, and be on your way.
- Cost: The cost of dermal fillers varies depending on the brand used and amount of filler needed, but is generally between $1,500 to $2,500, which is a fraction of the cost of facelifts, necklifts, and other invasive cosmetic surgeries.
- Subtlety: Most men don’t want an obvious change in appearance. They just want a youthful, more alert look. Injectable treatments are perfect for enhancing your looks without making it look like you’ve “had work done.”
If you’re a man, then that doesn’t mean you can’t benefit from the same proven treatments that have helped millions of women enhance their looks. However, it is critical to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Fodero who understands the unique characteristics of a man’s face and knows how to use injectables to enhance looks without sacrificing masculinity. We strive to ensure that your experience with us is positive. Please contact us today to learn more about the full range of non-surgical cosmetic procedures we offer.