Change Up your Father’s Day Gift Idea with Northeastern Plastic Surgery!
Are you thinking about what to get dad for Father’s Day dad this year? Forget the tie and the power tools beause plastic surgery might be one of the best Father’s Day gift ideas yet.
Now, you might be thinking “my dad would never undergo plastic surgery!” However, consider the fact that the number of cosmetic procedures performed among men has increased by more than 300% since 1997, according to a report from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery .
Why are more men getting plastic surgery?
There are several reasons why we’ve seen such a dramatic increase in the number of men who are undergoing plastic surgery.
- Changes in society: Plastic surgery is no longer considered to be “for women only.” Society is more accepting of men having plastic surgery, and caring about their appearance in general.
- Workplace pressure: Dads are feeling the pressure to advance in their career. And, the truth is, appearance matters. Plastic surgery can help dads look their best as they work towards landing a new job or getting a promotion.
- A return to the dating scene: Some dads may be interested in re-entering the world of dating after a divorce, and for obvious reason, want to look as physically attractive as possible.
- New dad stresses: Many other men may have recently become dads. That usually means lack of sleep, less time for exercise, and irregular eating habits, which can all impact their appearance.
- Encouragement from children: It’s often the teenage or adult children who persuade their fathers to undergo plastic surgery. A father’s son or daughter may have an upcoming graduation ceremony, or there may be an upcoming wedding they need to attend. It makes sense that fathers want to look their absolute best for these important moments.
What are the most common plastic surgery procedures for men?
Currently, the most common procedures for men are injectable treatments like Botox and Dysport. Both of these products are used to relax the muscle contractions that produce lines and wrinkles on the face. Dermal fillers are another class of injectable cosmetic that brings fullness and volume back to cheeks, lips, and around the mouth to create a more youthful appearance.
Injectable treatments are a great Father’s Day gift idea for busy dads because they can be done in less than 60 minutes, the results are virtually instantaneous, and there’s no recovery time. They can return to work the next day or even the same day if they like.
What’s the best way to give plastic surgery as a gift?
Here are a few tips to keep in mind to help you give the gift plastic surgery the right way
- Give plastic surgery as a gift if your dad has expressed a desire for a specific procedure, but not if your dad has never even mentioned it.
- Many plastic surgical offices sell gift cards. Consider giving dad a gift card that he can use however he wants.
- Don’t give this type of gift to your dad if he has an existing health condition, especially if he has a heart condition or bleeding disorder.
- If you know that your dad already goes for regular injectable procedures or skin care services, then consider pre-paying for his next few sessions.
- Make sure you research the plastic surgeons in your area to find out who has the best reputation and most experience.
If done right, plastic surgery can be a great father’s day gift idea. If you’re wondering if plastic surgery would be a good gift for your dad, start by contacting a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Fodero for a consultation.
Dr. Fodero at the staff at Northeastern Plastic Surgery are very friendly, helpful, and available to answer any questions you may have. We strive to ensure that your experience with us is positive. Please contact us today to learn more about the services we offer.