Breast Surgery in Spring; Beach-Ready Body by Summer
Women who are considering breast enhancement surgery often wonder: “What’s the best time of year for me to have the procedure done?” There are many factors that go into making that decision, but if you’re interested in obtaining fuller, more shapely breasts in time for beach season, then you’ll want to schedule your breast enhancement surgery no later than spring.
Why Schedule Spring Time Surgery?
It would be wonderful if you could have breast enlargement surgery on Monday and be lounging on the beach in your swimsuit by Wednesday. But the reality is, breast augmentations require weeks of recovery time. If your goal is to have a great-looking body during the summer, then having surgery in the spring allows enough time for your body to heal completely.
What Can I Expect During My Recovery from Breast Surgery?
The experience of recovering from breast augmentation surgery can vary from woman to woman depending on her age, health status, type of implant, and other factors. But you can expect your recovery to follow this basic timetable:
- 48 to 72 hours after surgery: Expect light to moderate pain, which can be managed through pain medication taken as directed by your doctor. Swelling and bruising around the breasts is common. You can use a surgical bra and compression bandages to help minimize discomfort and protect the incisions. You’ll need to sleep on your back through most of the recovery period.
- One week after: You will be able to go back to sedentary work after a week of recovery. However, you should avoid strenuous activity like bending, lifting, and running.
- Two weeks after: At this point, you’ll be able to perform many daily activities without pain, but vigorous exercise should still be avoided.
- Four weeks after: You can start easy to moderate exercise like walking, bicycling, and light strength training. However, be sure to avoid any exercises that specifically target chest muscles, like push-ups.
- Six weeks after: At week six you are fully recovered or close to it, and the final result will be realized. You can exercise without restraint, sleep in any position, and wear the bra of your choice.
All in all, you’re looking at about six weeks between the day of surgery to the day you can hit the beach. So if you have surgery in early spring, you’ll be swimsuit ready by June—giving you enough time to enjoy all the fun and sun summer has to offer.
Are There Alternatives to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
If you’d rather not deal with the recovery time associated with breast implants, then you may want to consider a breast lift. Breast lifts simply tighten breast tissue and result in more attractive and firmer breasts—no implants or enlargements needed. And recovery time is relatively short. It’s important to take it easy and to follow post-operative instructions, of course, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how good you feel and look just days after surgery.
You can also read about these other plastic surgery procedures that are perfect for summer as well as these summer beauty tips.
What are My Next Steps?
If you’d like a breast augmentation in Spring, then now is the time to schedule your consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Fodero. It may be several weeks between the consultation and the day of surgery, so planning ahead is important.
Northeastern Plastic Surgery understands your desire for a beautiful, youthful looking body and facial appearance. We use the latest plastic surgery techniques to perform a variety of surgical procedures. Dr. Fodero and the staff are very friendly, helpful, and available to answer any questions you may have. Please contact us today to learn more about the services we offer.